Wednesday 18 March 2015

Question 4 Evaluation Task



Who would be the audience for my media product?


I have created a new fake Facebook profile to portray someone who would be the ideal target for my film. The target audience age range for my thriller opening sequence would be between teenagers and young adults since these ages are the ones with more relationship troubles. In my thriller, wives hire this killer who is a woman to kill their husbands who have been unfaithful to their wives. This relationship drama may be targeted by younger audiences maybe ranging from 16 to 24 year olds. My thriller opening sequence can be target to both genders, however, slightly more towards the female side, since the thriller deals with the concept of feminism and how females can be dominant over males. This would be targeted specifically to the typical teenage and young adult girls who are still searching for a man and face many relationship issues.Also, it is worth mentioning that the film would be targeted to people who enjoy thrillers, more specifically crime thrillers. So basically the thing that would attract women to my film is the concept of feminism, showing a woman who kills men (who are stereotypically viewed to be stronger than women). The film would also attract men, but not as much as women. This is because of the murders and blood and killing that would be shown in the film. So as a conclusion my primary audience would be women whereas my secondary would be men, all of which of young ages. Even though men are usually targeted when it comes to crime thrillers my thriller would attract the opposite gender due to themes that attract more the feminist side.
I made the girl in the fake profile like posts about feminism , thrillers and movies about female power, and thriller TV shows such as Hannibal and feminism ones such as Sex and the City.

No comments:

Post a Comment